Lavender – It’s probably the most well known oil. Yet to some people it has a marmite effect – love it or hate it! Memories of old lavender bags or Grandparent’s gardens.
The Egyptians and Romans used lavender oil for mummification, bathing , cooking, relaxing and as perfumes. So the use of plants and their therapeutic benefits is not a new thing.
I have to say Lavender is one of my favourite oils. Its much more versatile than “just for sleep”.
Did you know it can:
- Help the skin to recover if you have a minor burn , scratch or insect bite
- Soothes skin irritations
- Help skin to recover quickly
- Support sleep and relaxation
- Is calming and can help relaxation
- Is useful for muscle aches and tension
- Can be used in cooking too (think lavender shortbread)
My favourite ways to use it are:
- Diffuse at bedtime for the children and me
- Have a rollerball made up with a couple of drops of oil & diluted with fractionated coconut oil. I carry this with me and apply whenever I feel a little frustrated or , or ratty.
- I apply to my children’s feet at bedtime as part of the preparing for bed ritual
- I have a glass spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of lavender which I use for
- Spraying my skin when red with sunburn or a temperature
- Spray bedding, clothing & towels to make them have the scent of lavender
- Use it as a monster spray when kids are worried about monsters under the bed
- Headaches – I apply a drop to my palm and rub over the neck and temples and breathe in the oil
- I carry it in my handbag as part of my first aid kit for emergencies with children (scratches, moods/emotions and calming!)
It really is a versatile oil and one I always have with me.
If you would like a sample of doTERRA lavender then please contact me and I’ll get one in the post for you to try.
The Defrazzled Mum
I use a brand of oil called doTERRA. It is a certified pure therapeutic grade oil & safe to use in many ways than other lesser oils, including neat. Please check your own oil supplier before using essential oils.
More about Romella
Romella is an author and award winning Holistic and Energy Practitioner based in Shropshire and available online & zoom/skype. I’m all about balance and calm and getting you to achieve your own balance and calm.
I work with you, the whole you, to create packages to empower you to be the person you want to be. I include energy healing & clearing, relaxation techniques, life purpose support & teach self-help tools for you, your children and your family. To bring about a space of calm and positive change for the whole family. Books include the series “Balance and Calm Toolkit” (for Frazzled Mums) and a version for families.
There are also a range of online courses and support available
Book available – bit.ly/Romella