How can you use essential oils? In today’s post we’re looking at topical, aroma and internal
There are 3 main ways to benefit from essential oils –
1 – breathing in the oils and aroma. This can be as simple as smelling direct from the bottle. Or you can use a diffuser, jewellery or simply a cotton wool ball popped into an air vent!
2 – topically – this is applying to the skin, often via massage or simply onto the soles of the feet or roller ball onto the pulse points
3 – internal – this can only be done with doTERRA certified pure essential oils or other oils labelled with “supplement facts” – so you know they are safe for internal use.
The benefits of using the oils in each way are different
– for digestion or the digestive system then internal is a quick way for the oils to get to work
– for headaches applying directly around the temples or back of neck will work well
– for emotions breathing them in has the double benefit of a meditative practice and the olfactory response as well
I use a mixture of all 3
– internal – I take “Slim and sassy” to support my weight regime, plus doTERRA supplements (phytoestrogen and nutritional supplements). I also use the digestive blend if I have a sore tummy – both internally and applied topically
– frankincense is applied to my neck every day, and the grounding blend to my feet
– I diffuse oils to balance the moods and emotions of myself and family throughout the day – usually wild orange for its uplifting effects and a lavender blend at bedtime to help calm and relax
Different oils work in different ways to support your body and its wellbeing.
Please feel free to ask questions or for suggestions to use for your own wellbeing journey x